Writers Terms and ConditionsPlease read the following very carefully. You need to confirm in your registration email to us that you are in agreement.
- By registering your works with comedyplays.co.uk you give Comedy Plays the right to issue copies of scripts for performance and authorise third parties to perform said works.
- An author may register as many plays as they like. However, that play must not be registered with another publisher, promoter or agent.
- All performances of works registered with comedyplays.co.uk must be authorised and licensed by Comedy Plays. Comedy Plays will issue licenses, collect fees and pay the appropriate Royalties fourteen days after such payment has been received.
- Comedy Plays will not be liable for any outstanding fee in the case of a licensee bad debt.
- Copyright remains with the author at all times. Works will be posted on the site after receipt of all the required information and after due consideration and approval of the piece as suitable.
- Any and all requests for alterations and ommisions to scripts by a third party will have to be approved by the author in writing. Comedy Plays will undertake to seek that permission.
- All enquiries regarding any registered piece must be directed through Comedy Plays.
- An author may remove any piece from the site by giving 4 weeks notice in writing to Comedy Plays. All rights to issue performance authorisation reverts back to the author.
- Comedy Plays reserve the right to remove any work without prior notice to the author should any work be deemed to be offensive to any group, race, culture, religion, organisation, person or persons or if it is deemed to be libellous to any of the aforementioned or in anyway considered unsuitable for this site.